problem with slmgr activating Win7 Pro using retail install media

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Moses01, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Moses01

Moses01 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2012
    I have a Gigabyte slic modified bios which activated Win7 Pro 32 properly when I used a Dell OEM install dvd. Now I wanted to change to Win7 Pro 64 (ISO downloaded from microsoft so I assume its a retail version). After I install, I run slmgr with the GIGABYTE-GBT-2.1.XRM-MS file and slmgr reports a successful installation of license. However checking in control panel/system after a reboot reports that it hasn't activated and has 30 days left. I thought it might be related to it having a retail key originally and tried changing to a DELL OEM SLP key with slmgr but it wouldn't accept the key as valid (Does anyone have a GIGABYTE SLP key for Win 7 Pro?).

Is it possible to do a OEM activation using a retail install ISO. Any suggestions on how I can get this working would be appreciated.

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 MDL Guide Dog/Dev

Aug 15, 2012
    Use Daz Loader, it will only install key and cert if SLIC is present :g:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Moses01

You need the edition specific OEM:SLP key as well (OEM vendor doesn't matter).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...