Problem with vista sp2 install

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mrboobs, May 30, 2009.

1. mrboobs

mrboobs MDL Novice

May 30, 2009
    HI i have original Vista home premuim 64bit installed,i installed sp1 year ago,all updates worked ok,but when i tried to install sp2 it didnt worked,it begin to download it and stopped at 5% a reported me a error"WindowsUpdate_800B0100".I tried with System Update Readiness Tool for x64-based Systems (KB947821) but didnt helped.I dont know what to do.When i tried to install manually sp2 i got message that i have to install sp1 but it is already installed( i tried to install sp1 then again but i cant it is allready instl.).I sent a questtion to microsoft about this problem,answr was that i must install System Update Readiness Tool and Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB932246) but when i tried to install second one(KB932246) i got message"update does not apply your system"

Can anybody help me,i dont know what else can i try

2. petrossa

petrossa MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2009
    I've had same prob. What worked for me is to uninstall SP2 from the Installed Updates list. Even when it failed, it still marks some files as being SP2 and therefore your original installdisk fails. The MS SUR tool is not needed that's for sp1.

3. mrboobs

mrboobs MDL Novice

May 30, 2009
    but i dont have sp2 on installed updates list