Problem With Windows 7 Internet

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by aisback, Feb 16, 2010.

1. aisback

aisback MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    i installed it 4 days a go and now the speed is let me put it this way it would normally on utorrent download around a meg a second but now its barely making 100kb

and recommendations

2. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Slow download speed

I'm also experiencing the same problem with my internet after a clean install of windows 7. I even changed my browser to mozilla firefox, which seems to be slower than utorrent. Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    You might open the control panel, network and sharing center, then change adapter settings, right click on properties- take the checkmark out of QOS and internet protocol version 6. Also might check your adapter properties(same tab, select configure) and disable anything IPV6 related. Then go to administrative tools and disable IP Helper service. Reboot see how it connects at speedtest.net. Normally it will speed it up considerably. Keep in mind your connection should get faster on its own (rumored), supposedly windows 7 adjusts setting as its used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. doc

doc MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    You updated µtorrent to v2

The problem isn't Windows7, but the new version of µtorrent. Read the faq and other info at µtorrent.

5. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Utorrent v2

I downloaded & installed utorrent v2. The download speed seem to be a bit higher than the normal speed. Thanx for the headz up!!

6. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Utorrent v2

I downloaded & installed utorrent. The download speed seem to be a bit higher than the normal speed. Thanx for the headz up!!

7. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    My Realtek based G-LAN OnBoard NIC runs like crap when i use the Win7 default driver.

I once used it for a couple of days and it was catastrophic.

Slow speed, the connection got interrupted all the time, and so forth. 100% unusable.

Using the latest driver from Realteks download site (as im doing for years) fixed all that.

Connection is rock stable and im getting precisely the speed that im paying for.

Rule of Thumb: Dont ever trust Microsoft to put good drivers into their OS. Whenever possible get them directly from the device manufacturer instead.