Problem with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by natukiss, Oct 27, 2009.

1. natukiss

natukiss MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2009
  2. oxyblue80

oxyblue80 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    check the service's dependencies?

run services.msc and find 'security center', click the dependencies tab.. make sure everything listed in there is started. it's possible the virus replaced one of the dependencies or added a new one that doesn't exist now.. if so, i believe you can clear that up with the registry

check the screenshot for what i've got running.. hope that helps! :)

Attached Files:

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yea do that and if all else fails try running system restore and restore to a time right before you opened that file dude. It may fail because of the virus but it is still worth a shot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. natukiss

Jun 5, 2009
    i checked security center and its the same as yours

how i clear that with the registry?

5. oxyblue80

oxyblue80 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    make sure the service's startup type is actually set to 'automatic' and if it's stopped to start it. if the dependency list is empty there shouldn't be anything in the registry u can do to my knowledge.. let us know if the service is set to automatic and is started when u get that error. if it was disabled try rebooting too.

6. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Hate to say it, but your best bet is to probably wipe your drive and reinstall...
    And use a decent antivirus next time... like Avast or something.

7. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    all the AV programs in the world can't stop people from running retarded programs on their computer they download.

8. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    True, but it'll usually prevent them from running :D
    I got a bad app from somewhere recently, Avast gave me a warning mid download.

9. dokapp2111

dokapp2111 MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Such an av would be the best :D But it has to be developed :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. natukiss

Jun 5, 2009
    what is the best av?
    Do you recommend ms av??

11. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    in my opinion symantec endpoint protection is good ive used avg before and that was too bloated. sep doesnt really bother the user too much it update when it needs to scans when it needs too all i did was install and restart and i havent had a problem with it since. small memory footprint 8 mb of ram used when idle(not updating or scanning just autoprotect) comes with firewall if you want it. anyways just my 2cents :D

12. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Symantec uses WAY too many recources, not even mentionning the agony you will face if you want to uninstall ! That's not least to say, nearly impossible without the special tool from their site, and even then it is a royal pain in the butt.

AVG's free AV is worth nothing, but their (new) commercial security suite is one of the best i've come accross, besides ESET (formerly NOD32). Now these two are my recommendations, as they give a warning at every threat, they even warn u when entering malicious reported sites, you can configure them all the way to the little details, AND they use very little recources. You won't even know it's there. They both have AV,Firewall,Malware agent,browser integration,heuristics,very quick scans,unnoticable daily updates,...

Avast isn't bad either, but not the vest by a long shot.
    If you're gonna protect your system in the full, you should really give ESET security or AVG security a go, cause they're 100% complete and effective.