Problem with windows update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Luis Fernandez, May 14, 2015.

1. Luis Fernandez

Luis Fernandez MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2011
    Hi,
    I did a clean install of win7 x32 home premium on a netbook.
    Just installed, without even putting several drivers, launch windows update to make upgrades, but nothing .... turn the bar endlessly (with the svchost process that reaches the stars creating lag to the PC) but I do not update anything. Advice on how to solve?

2. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    You may have to wait it out. I was there yesterday to update my Win7 and it seemed like it locked out. Tried to close it down and it froze. I just let it sit there and it finally went through.

3. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I used simplix update pack on February I just removed all images except Ultimate from install.wim file using WinAIO Maker Professional it will also then fit on standard DVD-R.

5. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Thanks for that great tip. I will be trying that on the next installment of the simplix pack!
    Even though I don't use IE, That should free up some space for more updates as they are growing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes WinAIO Maker Professional, great piece of software I also managed to add Multi OEM Project $oem$ folder to same ISO I don't use IE either use Firefox.

7. Luis Fernandez

Luis Fernandez MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2011
    Hi,
    can I can apply the simplix update pack to a Windows 7 in usb key? Because I must install in netbook without dvd reader.

8. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #8 Skaendo, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    I'm not completely sure. Is it a USB key that you made? If so, then you can apply the pack to the Windows 7 install.wim create the iso and remake the USB Key. Other than that I don't know.

-EDIT-
    It looks like it might be possible With WinAIO Maker Professional that urie has mentioned. But I'm just starting to play with it and I don't use USB so I don't know.