Problem with Xiaomi Android TV box

Discussion in 'Android' started by ohenry, Feb 27, 2023.

1. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I have an Xiaomi Android TV box, with an external USB hard drive, 1 TB. I purchased this, copied a number of movies on it, installed VLC player, and then took it over to my girl friend’s house. She does not have internet, and doesn’t want internet, and I wanted to be able to watch movies with her at her house.

This has worked rather well for the past 7 or 8 months. Occasionally, I will bring over my notebook and copy 1 or more new movies over to that 1 TB usb hard drive. Yesterday, I copied 4 new movies over and only 1 of the 4 showed up when I looked at the list of Videos under VLC. And yes, I did a “Refresh” operation in VLC. I also tried the MX player, same results. I disconnected the hard drive, reconnected to my notebook, and verified the files are there. I powered the Xiaomi box off and on, several times.

I don’t have this equipment in front of me, but the 1 TB hard drive has about 600 GB of movie files, average size of maybe 2 to 4 gigs. So somewhere between 150 and 300 movies, and the number of files being higher (.srt, etc). Is there an upper limit to the number of files that Android TV can deal with? If not, what else can I try for troubleshooting?