problemmmmm please help....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by denisw705, Aug 18, 2011.

1. denisw705

denisw705 MDL Junior Member

Dec 10, 2010
    I have Windows 7 on my PC as I watched videos on youtube suddenly the windows freeze. erased from the PC on / off and then opened it and hang on startup, and the hard disc made ​​a strange noise.

installed Linux in other HDD and try to get my files from there and crash.........

How fix this..?????

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    You should have attempted a Repair Install under 7 as a first step. Do you have the DVD installation disc in hand? I don't see why you had to install Linux as that could complicate things even further :confused:

Couldn't you just use an external HDD to backup important stuff as a first step? From the description, the problem could be anything really, but any distinct noise coming from the HDD is never a good sign :(

In the unlikely scenario that your HDD is dying out, you have precious little time in which to act if you are to avoid losing any important data :excl:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    so I tried to do repair but I always had this error message (windows repair canot fix this problem....)

4. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Aah OK, sorry!

Have you tried other boot options i.e. Safe Mode - that doesn't work either :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    But I saw that my data does not delete anything, but for some reason crashes ....

what I have done before and did total format from windows xp install cd, and worked normally without any problem a year ago to today ....
    Is there any program that to fix bad HDDS..?????

6. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    in safe mode worked for one greater time than in normal mod

7. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Do you have any sort of external storage device? I would try to backup data first and then I would worry about finding the cause of the problem.

Are you getting any error message? Or just Windows freezes up totally i.e. no response from CTRL+ALT+DEL, no mouse movement :confused:

8. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
  9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #9 Yen, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    I have to agree with it. It could be that the HDD is about to die. So any operation could worsen its condition.

Only use it to try to backup, so not try to boot with it anymore! You know how important your data are. Save it before you try to figure what's wrong.

Are there different partitions on the HDD?
    It sounds not good..you said Linux has crashed when accessed the HDD?
    The only way is to install an OS linux, XP or even w7 on a different HDD or to use a different PC, to plug in the HDD (not as boot device) and try to access it. Strange noises indicate a hardware damage.
    I had this as well. If you are lucky you can access your HDD..but it seems it'll die. Are there some klack klack kalck noises?

There is also a trick..to put the HDD into the fridge an hour to cool it down. Then wrap some kitchen towel around and plug it in. (Put it next to the PC case.) Try to access it form another OS as described above.
    This is no joke and a last resort.

HDDs can die everytime, so you need to create partitions on it. (System and data). And to have a backup somewhere.
    Never store data on the system partition.

There are also restore services for very important data. They are able to restore data even from totally destroyed HDDs.
    But they are very expensive since they have to repair it physically.....

If you have managed to backup your data or you don't need to backup your data then I suggest to delete all partitions on it, then recreate at least 2 partitions and make a clean install of W7.....I did that as well, but my HDD finally died 3 weeks later. R.I.P.

Edit: Can Linux access NTFS formatted partitions at all?
    I assume your HDD is NTFS formatted.......alternatively try another OS....

10. lysy.lbn

lysy.lbn MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Maybe try turn on or off hardware acceleration of flash player
    (RMB on any flash content > Settings > mark or unmark checkbox)

11. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    yes, the HDD is in NTFS format.

yet I can not get data from other instruments small and after some seconds crashes.

I will try deleting things from the inside and will try again to see copy files.

and something else I observed that only when I'm inside the folders of the disk hang ( I will try to copy them through the terminal with commands )...

12. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    when you can go the HDD to read data fall into bad sector ...

I've done a scan with a program to defrag disk and says ( the disk has errors ) ...

13. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    the data that I have in HDD is 400GB..

14. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    I hate to disappoint, but this is the exact symptom I got before my 6.4GB Quantum Fireball died. In my case I didn't have any time at all to react. First thing I noticed was a 'strange' noise and on the next reboot ... everything gone. Never recovered those files. I even bought an identical unit (i.e. model, capacity, revision) and tried switching the plates from the damaged unit to the other one. No luck. I still have the HDD and hope that someday, somehow I might get my vanished holiday pictures back :(

Don't do any more of that until you manage to backup your data!

Obviously these are not Word documents you are talking about :p You have to be selective / prioritise here. I would look to save small (but precious) items first i.e. pictures, text documents etc. Trying to copy a large file at this time, will only damage the HDD further, so I am afraid you have to skip on your movies / mp3s for the time being o_O

15. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    I am afraid I will get a very small percentage in data...

16. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    disk has limits in copy files is ( limited edition ) ....

17. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    delete some files from windows and not stuck the disc..
    I still hope out all my data...

18. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    What the ..? How about less Tripple posts and more Editing posts?...
    No idea what you even try to say.

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes it's hardly to get what he tries to say. And there are no details.
    When using the HDD as secondary one why to delete files? Copy folder after folder, the most important first. If it stucks then copy file after file from the folder....data corruption appears at random places on the HDD.

If you are not able to copy all your files you need, then you can apply CHKDSK. But first try it without.

I know this may sound odd, but next time backup your important data right after you have created it. Years ago I had a photoshop project. It took me about 60 hours already when a HDD corruption started.
    I almost cried. I never had been able to re-create exactly the same work. Since then I know how important backups are.
    And yes, my pictures I have shot. They are at least 2 times (on local HDD and on my mediaserver) stored.

20. denisw705

Dec 10, 2010
    my data...

Screenshot.jpg