Problems after SP1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ngoing, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ngoing

ngoing MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2011
    I'm having some major problems after installing SP1.
    I had removewat before Sp1. After SP1 windows was not genuine. I restored WAT and then I ran Daz 1.9.6. I selected Acer for all options under Profile. Then I pressed install. It rebooted, didn't work. After that I ran 1.9.7. I selected Asus for all options. Rebooted, didn't work. Ran latest RemoveWat. Rebooted, wat removed, watermark still there. What did I do wrong?:confused:

2. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Actually, The Loader is For systems that DON'T have SLIC 2.1 in BIOS.

4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Windows loader depends on the hardware to activate...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It's a feature built into the application so that it can also activate systems with a SLIC in their BIOS's. So basically the application activates just about everyone one way or another.

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    lol...NoJuan999 knows what he's talking about here ;) The whole reason that loader is used is when slic is not there. Loader emulates/injects slic 2.1into memory so that windows thinks slic is there and thus cert and key will work :shisha:

7. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011
    did you try re-validating online? if not, try it, Daz says this all the time. after reactivating, you must re-validate.
    good luck :)

8. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Thats true, the loader part of 'Windows Loader' injects/emulates SLIC 2.1 into memory, and the activation part of 'Windows Loader' inserts the key and serial.

Computers without SLIC 2.1:
    - Windows Loader installs the Windows loader to emaulate/inject SLIC 2.1
    - Serial and key is inserted to the computer is activated

Computers with SLIC 2.1 / SLIC 2.1 modded bioses:
    - Only the serial and key are inserted so the computer is activated.

Having the SLIC 2.1 in the bios without inserting the serial and key means its un-activated and will time out like any other installation. Therefore, the programme 'Windows Loader' is still required, and you click on 'install' as you would if there were no SLIC 2.1. The programme determines what needs to be done :)

9. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    That's NOT true, the Loader is Absolutely NOT required.
    You can manually install the Certificate and Key without the Running the Loader.
    While the Loader will work to insert Certificate and Key in most cases, I have seen some where it does NOT install the correct Certificate.
    That's why the matching Certificate is Supplied with BIOS Mods.

10. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    The last part of my quote was something I should have omitted, or at least used the word 'useful' instead of 'required'! :biggrin3: