Problems After Using Windows Loader 1.9.7 On Samsung NP-RV508

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Shahe, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shahe

Shahe MDL Member

Feb 25, 2011
    After Installing Windows Loader 1.9.7 And Restarting My Notebook, I Get "Recover Windows, Start Windows Normally Screen".
    After Pressing Each I Get The Same Screen Again. Any Help?

2. pierrejaquet

pierrejaquet MDL Member

Jan 14, 2010
    maybe pressing F8 at boot to get into windows repair can solve it ? Or maybe you should try reinstalling with cd. Maybe wait an answer from a more experienced mdl member.

3. Shahe

Shahe MDL Member

Feb 25, 2011
    #3 Shahe, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    (OP)
    Help, my system won't boot!

* Boot up the PC from your Windows installation disk
    * Select the "Repair your computer" option
    * Select "Command Prompt"
    * Input "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" (without quotes)
    * Restart the PC

Note: If the above doesn't fix your boot issue then use the command "bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force" instead. Just make sure you remove all USB flash drives before you use the command.

Trying This!

EDIT: Worked Perfectly!

EDIT 2: Windows Boots, But Is Not Activated!

4. Matty Lowe

Matty Lowe MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    Did you read the NFO prior to using the loader?

5. Shahe

Shahe MDL Member

Feb 25, 2011
    No, How Can That Help?

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Disable type 4 memory from the advanced options and then reinstall the loader.

It's not normal to get "Start Windows Normally" unless you've got an OEM partition or the system didn't shutdown correct.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Shahe

Shahe MDL Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Well, I Got The Start Windows Normally Screen Just Once, Now I Get "Windows Boot Manager".
    It Says ENTER=Continue And ESC=Exit In The Lower Coreners. I Get The Same Screens After Pressing Each.

8. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Sounds like you've previously used an older loader by another developer which changes the boot manager.

You shouldn't get any boot manager screen with the loader installed unless there was one previously there. The boot manager should give you a list of OS's to pick from though right? So select Windows 7 and press enter.

To disable or rebuild your boot menu you can use EasyBCD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Shahe

Shahe MDL Member

Feb 25, 2011
    #9 Shahe, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    (OP)
    I Think There Was Another Patch Installed On This Computer Before I Reformatted It. So Basically I Need To Remove The Old One? And If Yes, Where Can I Find Out Which One It Was?

EDIT: Sorry If I Sound Noobish, Or Ask Stupid Questions. I'm Not That Good.

10. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It's hard to say which one it was. A number of things could trigger the menu to display but normally it's caused by the old "extreme" loader which isn't developed by anyone from MDL.

You could uninstall the loader and then use EasyBCD to rebuild your boot menu. It should be easy enough to do :)

11. Shahe

Shahe MDL Member

Feb 25, 2011
    How To Uninstall That Loader? And 1 More Thing. If I Uninstall The Loader, Will I Be Able To Use Yours?

12. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I'm not sure as it's a guess that you're even using it so I'm not sure if it'd give you an uninstall option. As I've said though using EasyBCD could clean it up.

13. Shahe

Shahe MDL Member

Feb 25, 2011
    No I Think You Misunderstand Me. EasyBCD Cleaned My Boot Options, And Not The Previously Patched BIOS. If I Understand Right, Thats How Your And Other Hacks Work.

14. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Umm FYI, Daz's loader does not touch the BIOS in any way, shape, or form. Only way to "patch" the BIOS is to mod it, and a loader does not mod the BIOS at all.

15. Shahe

Shahe MDL Member

Feb 25, 2011
    So How Can You Explain My Problem?

16. djalf

djalf MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2011
    I have the same laptop and I did a clean install and select "Ignore existing SLIC" & "Disable type 3 memory" and it activated!
    SAMSUNG RV508.jpg

17. sandeepan

sandeepan MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2011
    U r awesome bro

Thank you bro. you are just awesome!!!!!!!!!

18. xsav2

xsav2 MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2011
    thanks @dalf work fine with RV508

19. uhoniakupo

uhoniakupo MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2011
    Rv508

Hi there,

I just tried a few settings, as well as copying the image above from dalf for the loader install.... But nada.

So far I have an upto date loader that I got from this site, I followed the instructions and still nothing. What baffles me is, that when I go onto the web to verify the genuine status, it works, but in the computer>manage panel I still have a count down.

Any help on the matter would be welcome as I only have a few days left on the current activation.

Kupo.