problems flashing Asus A8V with proper BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jordanwb, Jul 12, 2011.

1. jordanwb

jordanwb MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2010
    #1 jordanwb, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    I bought an Asus A8V off of someone today. For some reason he (or someone) updated the BIOS on it with the bios for a A8V Deluxe instead of the BIOS for an A8V. I followed Method 2 of Petar's AMI Bios Recovery post in the "Bios Recovery Procedures" sticky but when I run "afudos /ia8v.rom /pbnc /n" it says "ERROR: ROM fileid ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID."

What can I do to fix this? I don't have any experience or the tools to flash the chip manually. If there's any info I left out please say so.

Thanks.

[Edit]

Wait a minute. The manual the guy gave me is for a A8V Deluxe but the motherboard says A8V. I don't know what's going on now.

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #2 x86, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    OK, you could start by using this nice little tool, so at least you know what you got:

softwares-cpuz-03.jpg

You can get CPUz here.

The error "ROM fileid ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID" you mentioned, according to ASUS support, means that you are trying to flash the BIOS with a non-compatible file.

3. jordanwb

jordanwb MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2010
    I found that I did in fact have a A8V Deluxe motherboard but could not find the BIOS on the asus site. I did find the latest version of softpedia.com. However I'm still having issues with the two SATA controllers.

Thanks though

4. _patrik_

_patrik_ MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    #4 _patrik_, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    I use the A8V Deluxe from about six years without any problem as #2 pc on my home lan (storage & downloader).

[​IMG]

The latest bios is the 1018.002

[​IMG]

and you can find here

from the original site.

May be you have problem on the SATA controller due to SATA2 HD: only SATA std. HD with the VIA Raid controller 6.0.7600, also with no-RAID configuration.

5. jordanwb

jordanwb MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2010
    When the two SATA controllers initialize I get a message along the lines of "The BIOS does not be installed."[sic] and "The BIOS is not installed."

How did you get to that? Whenever I search for A8V Deluxe and click on it in the search list I get sent to Asus' Motherboards page.

I don't understand.

6. _patrik_

_patrik_ MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    Try to reset bios: take away the cmos battery and after reload the last bios 1018.002

go here select dowload and after what you need. You can download the user manual, very good user manual.

The on-board VIA SATA controller, for the Sata1 and Sata2 i/o port, support only the hd with the 150 MB/s data transfer rate.