Problems installing Win 7 on a Win 8 PC.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by wade7575, Apr 6, 2015.

1. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    #1 wade7575, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    I have ran into this problem on a ACER Laptop and the problem is that I could not get Win 7 Pro VL to activate with KMS.

I have been told by others that it can be a real pain to activate Win 7 on a Win 8 PC,I was told on some PC's that the problem is the chip on the Mobo that has the Win 8 Key code installed on it has to be turned off and something else but I forget what the claimed.

I know a friend of mine tried this ISO and choose OEM Activation on a Laptop that KMS would not work on and the OEM worked for him,from what I can see it has all the factory keys on it and knows witch one to choose by the make of your PC a lot like the old days when you got a factory Dell or HP disc that had the key code embedded on the disc.

[Removed]

I fix PC's in my spare time and I know a fair amount but I have never ran into this problem and want to make sure I know what I need to do if someone wants a downgrade to Win 7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...