Problems installing win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ATGardner, Sep 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ATGardner

ATGardner MDL Novice

May 19, 2007
    I am trying to install it on a brand new computer, and keep getting error 0x80070570.
    I found out that it might be a bad media, so I made a fresh copy from a disc that worked for me before, and kept getting the same error. I then just used the known-to-be-working disc, and the same errors came.
    I tried switching dvd drives, thinking it might be something in the hardware, but it didn't work.
    I downloaded the iso again (7 ultimate x64), burned it on the slowest setting. Again - error 0x80070570.

What can be wrong with the computer? Can it be something with the hard drive? the motherboard? It is a Gigabyte GM-G31M-ES2C rev 1.1 - any known bugs with it? Or maybe some special bios settings I should use?
    The hard disc is some kind of Samsung 300GB.

Anyone else have encountered those problems?

2. gastro

gastro MDL Member

Jul 22, 2009
  3. gastro

gastro MDL Member

Jul 22, 2009
    From what I've gathered so far; don't use a download manager to download your ISO, be sure to check the MD5 against the MD5 of the ISO you're downloading and burn using decent media at a slow speed.

Anywho, google is probably a good place to find possible solutions.

4. atifsh

atifsh MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2008
    find a 4 gb usb drive and make it bootable and copy /ectract files from iso to usb. and boot from usb and install 7.

5. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    #5 Lenmaer, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  6. ATGardner

ATGardner MDL Novice

May 19, 2007
    Thanks for all the offers made.
    I have read the instructions on how to install win 7 from usb, and tried it using my iPod. It failed miserably (using the hp tool and the command line tool, ntfs and fat32).
    I did it after installing xpsp3 on the computer, and it kept booting to windows even when I set the usb as the only boot option in the bios, and tried various different approaches (using the f12 boot menu didn't work as well).

I then gave up and tried again installing win7 straight from the dvd (same one that kept failing on me before), and it just worked like a charm. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that xp formatted the HD before, or made something in the MBR, or something. I have no idea, really. But now the computer has win7, and everything is fine.

Thanks again for your effort.