Problems Installing Windows 7 Ultimate on ACER Aspire 6935G

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BrgyTanod, Oct 25, 2009.

1. BrgyTanod

BrgyTanod MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2008
    Hello, am having problems installing Win7 Ultimate on my laptop running Vista Ultimate (ACER Aspire 6935G). I was trying to do a fresh install.

Here is what I did.
    Formatted C:\ drive and then installed the AHCI RAID drivers for my drive. Then I get the error message that I cannot install Win7 on this drive :confused:. And cannot proceed. So I just restored my vista using my saved image file of the entire C:\ drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mcbyte

mcbyte MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    What drive do you have? RAID on a notebook?

I have an Acer Aspire 6920G, i just removed all partition (including the recovery one) and fresh installed Windows 7 Pro x64 and all went ok, some drivers from Acer website and all is perfect...

3. BrgyTanod

BrgyTanod MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2008
    Trying to do a fresh install on C:\ drive which is on "1" ( "0" is the recovery drive). The weird part is that I get the error only if I install the AHCI raid drivers.

I get no errors when trying to install without RAID drivers. However, I do not want to proceed without the said RAID drivers since for sure it will hang at "Completing Installation" atleast that's what happens when I tried to install Vista Ultimate.

Or should I try my luck using the "Upgrade" option for Win7 instead of the fresh/custom install?

Advise please. Thanks!

4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    if it recognizes the drives without installing the drivers then don't. Make sure the drivers are known to work with 7 because it sounds like they do not.

5. BrgyTanod

BrgyTanod MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2008
    I get no errors if I do not install the AHCI Raid Drivers atleast for the first part of the installation. However, I am sure that it will hang at the last part which is completing installation. As this is the most common problems that most users using RAID functions. I do not want to waste my time and wait till it hangs on that part. Or should I let it hang?? or not? hehehe...

Or would my best bet be to install/upgrade to Win7 Ultimate while running Win Vista Ultimate? No clean install but Upgrade instead as shown on another site such as CNET?

6. mcbyte

mcbyte MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I tell you i installed on my 6920G with no raid/sata drivers, windows detected all drivers by itself.

just try installing with no raid drivers and check for yourself, if it blocks at the last part, you still have the recovery image...

7. BrgyTanod

BrgyTanod MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2008
    Hi, guess what?!? mcbyte was right on the spot. Thanks!

Win 7 did install the appropriate AHCI Raid drivers for Aspire 6935G and now am running Win 7 Retail and activated.

Now I just need to enable Hardware Assisted Virtualization on my H20 Insyde BIOS for Virtual XP Mode. But I guess that is another problem to deal with. :D