[PROBLEMS] on W7 x64/x86 with IE8_KB978207 Jannuary 2010 Updates... !!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stme68, Jan 22, 2010.

1. stme68

stme68 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Hi Everybody,
    from yesterday I'm having problems trying to update W7 directly with WU... KB978207 update for IE8 is blocking the update procedure!!

I have this problems on 3 different PC, two of them with x64 and one with x86...

What's happen? Has anyone the same issue? Is it a MS server problem or what?

I downloaded also directly the updates from KB, transfer is working... I've try to launch the update locally, it start but but always long times and blocking of the systems...

Please let me know if is a general problem or not... I'm loosing too much time for this updates.

Many Thanks

2. Notam

Notam MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I didn't faced any such problem.It updated smoothly

3. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    smooth here.. just updated..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    My system hang when installing KB978207. I had to cancel uppdate and reboot computer. Next time it was ok. win7 ultimate, x86,daz loader.

5. ShareAll

ShareAll MDL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    No trouble at all with that update. Got it from windows update yesterday...

6. jbysmith

jbysmith MDL Junior Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Worked fine here as well, both X86 and X64 systems, gotten via Windows Update, both using a modded BIOS. Install, reboot (why? I don't use IE..) done. Dunno if it'll help, have you tried reinstalling IE? (Uninstall, reboot, reinstall)

7. stme68

stme68 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    This morning I left one of the 3 pc switched on with the ongoing windows update and right now I found the PC restarted and Updated correctly!! I'm quite sute there was a problem on MS servers... let see the other 2 PC, hope they will update as this one.

Regards

8. stme68

stme68 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    SOLVED... COMODO firewall was interferring with the update...

Hi Everybody,
    finally I understand where the problem is: It's the COMODO Firewall!! Only with this Update (may be because is a deep one for the OS), the firewall was silently blocking the regular installation... I disabled temporary the FW and the updates where installed without other problems...
    Be carefully...

Regards

9. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Um, I am also running Comodo Firewall on my W7 x64 system (BIOS modded). No issue. Whatsoever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. stme68

stme68 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Hi,
    I thinked about that and I'm quite sure it was the Proactive Defense +...
    I installed on every PC the Firewall and Defense +, and defense was set to "learning" so I was expecting no really actions of blocking... now I solved every problem so I can't try if this is true or not... the only thing is that with all deactivated no problems at all.

Regards

11. Pio46

Pio46 MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2008
    Hey, I've tried many times but there is no any result, please help!!!
    Slic BIOS 2.1.