Problems running XenCenter on 10049

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by trafflux, Apr 9, 2015.

1. trafflux

trafflux MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2015
    #1 trafflux, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    I installed 10049 on a secondary workstation at work to test various applications I use on a day-to-day basis with W10 and so far the bugs have been livable. (the whole not being able to specify a DNS server threw me a curve). Anyways I manage a Xenserver pool for our LAN and to do this I use XenCenter. It installed just fine but when trying to add a pool/server it just says "Unable to connect to server 192.168.1.200. An unknown error occurred". I have tried both 6.5 and 6.2 with the same result. Any ideas?

EDIT: Some clarification on the issue. XenCenter's error log states: "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The Network Settings didn't working in 10049 and 10051, maybe in the next build will work again. Problem is know at MS Support and they told it will be fixed soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. trafflux

trafflux MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2015
    You can manually set them which isn't a big deal just a PITA. My issue is more that XenCenter isn't connecting properly and I'm not sure if it can be fixed through some manual override magic or if I'll just have to wait until a w10 certified version of XC is released. I'm connected to the company domain, my DNS is setup properly, and I can ping the XenServers by name or ip, just no joy on connecting through XC. Very strange. Ah the joys of beta testing.