Problems with a Z1 Compact (signal)

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by QuantumBug, Jan 11, 2016.

1. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    I have here a D5503, no simlock (checked with *#*#7378423#*#*) on android 5.1.1.

Completed a Checkmend yesterday and the device is clean which means no blacklist.

The thing is even when it was on android 4 it had major signal issues, let me explain:-

1. Entered an EE sim card, it shows I have a voicemail but no service or connection.
    2. Entered a vodafone SIM, shown one bar of signal I managed to use *#100# and retrieve my number, then I get full signal yet no access to network.
    2. Later on with vodafone still full signal and no access to network

I flashed the phone with an international ROM and United Kingdom ROM, same issue. Very frustrating, I also removed the back, screws and checked both antennas and they seemed okay.

The ONLY message I have recieved is "Phone not allowed MM #6". But this points to being blacklisted, yet two IMEI checks prove it isn't, also more proof to me is that I could request number on vodafone which requires network access and EE showed that I had voicemails.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...