Problems with activating WHS OEM (MSI H55M-E33)

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by sognen, Jul 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sognen

sognen MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2010
    Hi all,

I have read through most of the posts and stickies on OEM activation, but have not been successful in activating my WHS. Now being fed-up with having to do a server re-installation every 30 days I am seeking some much needed help.

My custom built server has a MSI H55M-E33 motherboard which I have patched (using AMI Tool 1.55) with HP SLIP. After OEMBIOS reports three SLIP entries.

Among the three it appears that only CD4E1902 is still valid, and have downloaded these files from oembios.net.

The next thing I did was to copy the above files into the OEM Changer folder and ran the OEM Changer program. Despite running successfully, my WHS remains inactivated.

I have tried to enter in various keys floating on the net with no luck. If my understanding is correct I shouldn't have to enter a product key when having HP SLIP and OEM installed.

The same process above with DELL SLIP leaves me with the same outcome, and I have tried all the relevant bios files from oembios.net.

I have also tried the above process before and after running windowsupdate.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Sognen

2. sognen

sognen MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2010
    Hi,

After running the WHS HP Change (found here: forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/9255-Windows-Home-Server) I was able to activate my WHS.

Best Regards,
    Sognen