Problems with BIOS Mod for the SONY VAIO VPC-YB1S1E/S

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Turbostaater, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Turbostaater

Turbostaater MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2012
    Hi,

at first, sorry for my terrible english. :rolleyes:

well, I have found this forum and the BIOS Mod for the SONY VAIO VPC-YB1S1E/S by google.

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7033-Insyde-bios-mod-requests?p=537462&viewfull=1#post537462

I have the problem, that the bios is not unlocked(?). No Fan Control, no Volt Control, nothing, only the original settings are available.

What I have done:

Currently at the laptop is the newest original BIOS "R0162Z7".

With the Sony Windows BIOS Update tool came the error that the BIOS is up to date and a flash is not required.
    btw. Sony has not a own DOS Flash Tool. :(

With the Flashtool "flas**t" cames the error "Error: BIOS did not support this version of flash!" :(

Then I tried a bios flash with this recovery method:

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/13095-Undocumented-INSYDE-BIOS-recovery-method-Use-andy-s-tool-to-obtain-possible-names

Result: the mod BIOS was flashed. A flash screen starts und reboot the system, then my BIOS password was reseted and the settings were reseted too, and the Laptop runs.
    Also I think that the BIOS works, but its still unlocked? Or am I too stupid? :D
    I need a unlocked BIOS to undervolting the CPU and control the fan.

Thanks a lot and best regards from germany
    Martin

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    The bios modded to add slic inside it; so that you can activate Windows NT 6.x via oem:slp method. No extra menus were unlocked.... :(

3. Turbostaater

Turbostaater MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2012
    Thanks a lot for the fast reponse :)

4. davidrurik

davidrurik MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2012
    Enable menus

Could you please mod it to enable all menus. I need to change settings in order to install ssd drive.
    Thank you

5. xtitcho

xtitcho MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2013
    Turbostaater

Man, maybe this is an old topic for you, but I want to know if you can tell me, how do you renamed the bios file to make the upgrade?. I hope you can help me.