Problems with icon/labels on Task Bar...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by stephr1, Jun 26, 2015.

1. stephr1

stephr1 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2012
    I asked a question about this at the end of a previous post (http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...30?p=1062217&highlight=start+menu#post1062217) on a different topic (my bad :(, but it may have gotten lost in the text. So, thought I would call it out separate.

I have enabled Quick Launch (since I use it on Win 7). In the Properties for Task Bars, I enabled the combine option so that only icons will show. This seems to work on the part of the task bar that shows open apps, but does not seem to have any effect on icons in the Quick Launch task bar section (shows icon and then text to the right of the icon).

Anyone else have this issue, and any ideas of how (and if) it can be fixed?

Thanks and cheers......

2. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Unlock your taskbar, right click on your quick launch crap and uncheck show text/title and lock your taskbar again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stephr1

stephr1 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2012
    @shenj

Thanks much. Worked like a champ! I feel like a noob (even tho I'm not :) For some reason I couldn't get that to happen, or I just wasn't paying close enuf attention to the process. Certainly my bad!! :(

Appreciate the help and reminder (to be more attentive).

Cheers....