Problems with Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter on Windows 8.1 (X64)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Airbus, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Airbus

Airbus MDL Member

May 10, 2010
    Has anyone experienced problems with Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Adapter on Windows 8.1 (X64)?

Maybe it is a driver issue, cause the latest driver does not on Windows 8.1 (X64).

The bluetooth part is present in device settings but when clicked it hangs and ultimately crashes.

Sometimes it does work (rarely happens) though.

Atheros.JPG

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    99.9% chance of being a driver related issue. Considering it is a month to RTM do not expect it to be fixed immediately. Try windows update, see if it has a driver yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Airbus

Airbus MDL Member

May 10, 2010
    Nothing yet.
    Basically 8.1 it is treated like a new OS.
    Thank you for the reply.

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Yep, considering some hardware manufacturers were still struggling with windows 8 I'm not surprised.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Chicknician

Chicknician MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2010
    I got mine to work by uninstalling the software driver in the add/remove programs...
    then uninstall the driver at device manager...

then refresh device manager and let it install the native driver then it'll work....

the only thing is, my ms bluetooth mouse randomly disconnect then you have to turn it off then on again....