problems with windows update

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jide, Sep 16, 2012.

1. jide

jide MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2011
    i've got windows 8 installed (enterprise x86 9200) after updating at the windows update center , i'm getting this prompt to restart for updates to be fully installed , i've rebooted a million times but i still get this prompt although the update journal says all updates were successful ,can anyone tell me what to do please ?
    1.jpg

2. maya77

maya77 MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Are you clicking Restart in Update dialog to reboot?

If not you should try that.

3. jide

jide MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2011
    yes, I click restart in the update dialog , I equally tried rebooting from the start menu .

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    did the/these updates come automatically or did you download any "recommended" updates?

5. jide

jide MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2011
    they are authomatic updates .

6. disc4

disc4 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    I've seen something like this in Win 7, an update that keeps wanting to reinstall no matter how many times you get it.

Can you share with us the Knowledge Base number? It might work to download the update from microsoft's website and install it manually.

7. jide

jide MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2011
    actually someone from a Russian forum said something similar , and that this problem was later fixed by microsoft in windows 7 , its actually a windows 8 update kB2751352 , equally , there are updates for microsoft office standard 2007 also . To be sincere , i'm quite not sure about installing any updates again untill hopefully after the official release of windows 8 in october , maybe this issue might be fixed . I did a system restore from an acronis backup ,and these updates are hanging , but i'm not quite sure i want to install them any longer ,probably wait till october unless there is a fix for this .