Problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cyb0rg, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Cyb0rg

Cyb0rg MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2010
    #1 Cyb0rg, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    Hi, My monitor goes black for one-two seconds and then turns back again as if nothing had happened.
    I have installed Windows 7600.16385.090713-1255_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso and registred with Windows Loader v1.9.2.
    I will post the PC specs here:

Mother Board: Asus P5Q-EM;
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66 GHz 2.83 GHz;
    Instaled memory (RAM): Corsair Kit 4GB 1066MHz DDR2 CL5 TWIN2X4096-8500C5C;
    Monitor: Ultra type: CRT.
    Please Help because It's very annoying...

2. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    #2 NICK@NUMBER11, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    couple of questions
    What bio version you go
    What graphics card do you have - and what version of driver do you have installed.

3. titian

titian MDL Junior Member

Sep 22, 2009
    You have not made it clear when this problem is happening.

If it is happening when you are installing software or making chages it could be UAC.

Go to Control Panel then User Accounts,change user account settings and move the slider to the third marker.

Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer(do not dim the desktop)

It could also be a display driver problem.

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It is hard to guess from what you told us but by chance does it do that right after you login? If so that is normal for some motherboards/video cards. My sisters old 2006 computer does that as well and I would not worry about it. I have also found that reinstalling the OS would not fix this. Mind you that is only if you have this post login black screen occurance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kvonlinee

kvonlinee MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2010
    I agree with Sam3970 about not to worry about flashing black screen for seconds.
    My computer build new one with I7 930, corsair power supply 650 W, gigabyte mother board X58R-UD3, 6G 1600 mhz kington memory, and PNY 9800 GTX+ and win 7 still flashing black for seconds but it run normally. my monitor acer led 21.5 inches.
    One thing is sometime I use 2 monitor, when turn a second monitor on it flash black also.
    So this you can see not the point not too much worry things.

6. Cyb0rg

Cyb0rg MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2010
    Ok people I solve the problem. So I will respect your requests.
    Mother Board: Asus P5Q-EM not P5QL-EM
    Bios Version: 04.02
    Build Date: 08.21.08
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66 GHz 2.83 GHz
    Instaled memory (RAM): Corsair Kit 4GB 1066MHz DDR2 CL5 TWIN2X4096-8500C5C
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA 7200RPM 32MB WD10EADS
    Monitor: Ultra type: CRT.
    I hope that I've not missed something.
    So I will explain how I solve this problem: First I come here read all replays and with this occasion I want to send many thanks to you and this wonderful Forum. Then when I read my first post with a friend beside of me I found that I write a wrong Mother Board model. Oops, he told to me, "man It's because your driver, did you installed drivers for P5QL-EM Mother Board for your P5Q-EM ?" Pffff that was..I uninstall the the wrong drivers and install Intel_ChipsetInf_V9111014_XPVistaWin7 and Intel_Graphics_V815101808_Windows7. That is people many thanks and an advice for all who occur same problem: Don't install any drivers and programs when you're tired.

7. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    This only happens because of their stupid naming conventions.

A10V

A10VL

A10VLM

A10VLMK

A10VLMKI

A10TheAlphabetHasManyMoreLettersWhyNotUseThemAll

I mean, how hard can it be to give each piece of hardware a clear unique identity?

I always hated that crap...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Cyb0rg

Cyb0rg MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2010
    The problem persist but It's happening rarely when Micro$oft Window$ ask for permission to run a program, It doesn't matters which program I run. It's happening randomly but rare. Why it still occur ?
    Another problem with Micro$oft Window$ 7 It's about Volume. He doesn't let me to increase the volume 100% and I did Loudness Equalization and I tried also DFX plug-in for Winamp. What should I do to increase the volume ?!

9. titian

titian MDL Junior Member

Sep 22, 2009
    When Micro$oft Window$ ask for permission to run a program the display should go dim and the permission dialog window opens.

This is the way that UAC (User Account Control)Works by default.

With some display adapters the display does not just dim it goes completely dark.

If this is your problem and it is annoying you.

Go to Control Panel then User Accounts,change user account settings and move the slider to the third marker.

Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer(do not dim the desktop). You will still get the permission dialog

window but the display will not go dark.

I am not sure about your volume problem, do you mean that you can't move the speaker volume slider to 100%?

Make sure you have the latest driver for your sound card and try removing and reinstalling the driver.

10. Cyb0rg

Cyb0rg MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2010
    The slider It's on the third marker. (about monitor)
    The volume slider It's to 100% but the green bars rise about 50% max, that means you have a half power volume. But with VLC It's rising about 100% the volume slider and also the green bars.
    I have the lastest driver for my sound card.

11. Cyb0rg

Cyb0rg MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2010
    Any suggestions ?