Product ky doesn't work

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MKADMIN, Jan 23, 2008.

1. MKADMIN

MKADMIN MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2008
  2. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    that key is mostly a COA (Certificate of Authenticity) but should still install 'Business' Edition...retail and oem's are not different (other than OEM's cram extra junk into the installation)....You COA key should have worked because it would later require 're-activation' after installed. I would contact Microsoft about the Key. they have a program to verify sellers or products.....or you can contact your seller and question them.

3. MKADMIN

MKADMIN MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2008
    jroc like u said, the key was able to install Business edition. But immediately after installation, its asking me to activate. sStrangely enough it says i have only 3 days left to activate, shouldn't it be more like 30 days considering its a fresh install.

I spoke with HP support and they said that they can't do anything about it, they've asked me to contact MS.

4. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    usually on a install without a key its 30 days..but most report 3 days like you and have no real clue as to why..but you will need to activate again with MS because that is how that COA key works. HP has to give you a COA in case you do reinstall...just tell the MS person you had a crash and had to reinstall.

5. Gorefest

Gorefest MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2008
    #5 Gorefest, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
    I have the same problem with my Acer 5920 laptop.

Installed a clean Home Premium to get rid of all the acer ****, but Vista does not accept it. Microsoft is pointing to Acer for help but they tell me to buy a new key!

What is even worse is that the Acer recovery does not work!