Professional Plus 2013 terms of licence, linked to 1 device?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by d750, May 3, 2013.

1. d750

d750 MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    #1 d750, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hi

With the Home Use Program with my company, i was able to buy office professional plus 2013 for a quite low price, and now i have questions on the licence.

I found on google that office professional plus 2013 is linked to only one device, and if i change my computer one time, or maybe even changing the motherboard, i will not be able to use office pro plus 2013 anymore

but here
    Code:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/39377-Office-2013-Repository i can read
    Office 2013 Professional Plus
    -Maximum Supported Users - 25 - Devices Per User - 5.

so is it 5 devices? If i only install it on my only computer, i should be able to install it 5 times if i do 5 change of computer?

What if i don't change the hardware but just install windows 7 again? or windows 8?

does this topic can allow to pass this by installing a volume edition ? How do i know if i have a volume or a retail edition?

Code:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/39018-Convert-Office-2013-ProPlus-installer-from-retail-to-volume-%28by-hand%29
    thanks

edit: i was still looking, and come on this
    Code:
    pcworld.com/article/2030120/microsoft-caves-to-office-2013-licensing-backlash.html
    it look like it should be ok to install it on a new computer, if i change my computer in some time, can someone confirm this?

thanks

(sorry for the bad links, i can't post any link as i don't have more than 20 posts)

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    That quote sounds like how I understand it. One instance of the software can be installed at a time, moving it from one computer to another is irrelevant as long as it is uninstalled from one and reinstalled on another.. And if you would like to post links you can use the # button in the editor and place the link between the code tags.;)

3. d750

d750 MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    #3 d750, May 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    hello

could you clarify please?
    on the wiki of office 2013
    Code:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_2013
    what is the difference between retail and volume, from license point of view? Does volume have more limite to transfer the license to another computer or not? I have difficulty to find info on that.

Also, i still wonder how can i know if i have a retail or a volume license, i have bought it through home use program, microsoft website i guess.