ProfessionalWMC activation backup does not work with my new SSD !

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NEO701, Jul 21, 2013.

1. NEO701

NEO701 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    Sorry if this was asked many times before but I have read so many threads and posts so that I lost track and didn't no what to do ! :confused:

- I have a clean ProfessionalWMC ISO that I made using Windows Download Integrator with no .data file or key integrated.

- I used it with an activation backup that was backed up from win 8 pro upgraded to WMC with M$ free key using Advanced Tokens Manager.

- I Installed windows many times and restored the backup and everything was great.

- Until I replaced my HDD with a new SSD, Installed my ProfessionalWMC and tried to restore old activation but it didn't work !

- I know that changing HDD doesn't considered as major HW change which refuses old activation but that what happened !

So now I have :

1. A clean ProfessionalWMC ISO with no .data file or key integrated.
    2. Unused free WMC key.
    3. Old activation backup that contains .data file.

What should I do in order to activate again and then make a backup to use it afterwards ?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I would suggest to use an normal RTM ISO (NO WMC) to install Windows 8 to see that will works with you SSD! After that and after Windows 8 is activated, you could use the WMC Key for to install WMC using the normal procedure. May you need to call MS for activation.

In many occasions that was working!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NEO701

NEO701 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    - I just tried what you suggested, installed win 8 pro and activated it using Microsoft Toolkit and every thing seems fine.

- Then I tried to use the unused M$ WMC free key and it worked but after installing WMC and restarting it shows the "Windows is not activated" !

- Tried also to call MS for activation but the call dropped.

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    did you hit the activate button in system after all?

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    At what stage the call was dropped?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NEO701

NEO701 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    - Just did now and gives an error.

Error code : 0xC004C4AA

- It never connect from the start and says "Call droped".

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You didn't use a legit Product Key!

If the call dropped directly, may the phone number is wrong. Normally you should get an Voice advice what to do next.

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Wrong!! Its considered as a major hardware change.

9. NEO701

NEO701 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    - I used Microsoft tool kit for win 8 pro (because online KMS didn't work for me this time !) then I used my promotional free WMC key sent by MS back in Jan.

- I double checked phone number and it was wright.

- Maybe you are wright because that is what happened after all.

10. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    As it is no legit system you lost, simply activate your Pro WMC with Microsoft Toolkit. Activation period is 30 days instead of 180 but with reactivation task installed it´s as permanent as possible :D.

11. Stripakulina

Stripakulina MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    NEO701
    Have you tried to change serial number of SSD's primary partition as it was on your old HDD? It is a one activation voice.

12. btokfans

btokfans MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2011
    Have you try Ghost backup your HDD and recover to SSD.

13. caleyd

caleyd MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2011
    I had Windows 8 Pro WMC on an SSD die on me. I had a previous backup using Aomei Data Backupper and restored to a new SSD without Windows deactivating. If you still have the original disk, download the free Aomei program and run a full backup of your OS partition. Then restore to the new SSD and add the new Windows install to your boot record. With an elevated command prompt cd to c:\windows\system32 then type in bcdboot.exe X:\Windows with X being the new drive.

14. NEO701

NEO701 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    #14 NEO701, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    (OP)
    Problem solved.

Some good guy helped me with the WMC phone activation and it worked with the "already activated win 8 pro using the Tool kit".

Thank you guys.

Is this possible ?!

can you give me a little more info about that.

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009