Programmer needed to port small vbscript utility to .net or other language

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by straha, Oct 16, 2009.

1. straha

straha MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this in, so please mods, if it isn't move it to the right place.

Several years ago, I wrote a small utility in vbscript that basically copies pictures from my digital camera to my workstation. It automatically creats its own folder structure with the folder names being the date and time the pictures were downloaded. It is a very simple app, but doesn't appear to work correctly under Win7. Worked fine under win2k and XP.

I would like to have the utility ported to something more up to date like .net, unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. What I am asking is for someone with programming experience (like daz, paymyrent, hazar :) ), please port this for me. I can send the vbscript source to you to go by.

Thanks in advance to any takers on this.

straha

2. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    You can send it to me and I'll give it a shot...
    I don't have much experience with coding, but it'd be a good learning experience.

3. straha

straha MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Just wanted to let everyone know that twiz wrote a fantastic little script for me that does exactly what I wanted it to do. Great job and thanks!