Programs Not Starting In Windows 10 9926

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SkyNet3, Feb 12, 2015.

1. SkyNet3

SkyNet3 MDL Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Anyone else having issues with programs not starting that would normally start and be in the Icon Tray? It almost seems like a access issue or something. I can start most of the programs after Windows has been up and they do start although some have to be ran as administrator. I searched for any posts but didn't see any concerning this.

;)

2. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I had this problem and i reinstall windows. Now everything is working well.

Lievre

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You could still set the programs with problems, to Compatibility Mode of it's origin OS. That need only to be done once for any apps with problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jasoos

jasoos MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I had problem with Synaptics driver with older version. Now everything is fine with January build..

5. Misaki2010

Misaki2010 MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    programs? like Windows Store apps? or Win32 apps...

If you're referring to Store apps, follow these steps:

1. Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter

2. Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}