Q about Daz loader and WGA

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by piercekalton, Jan 26, 2012.

1. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    to download a KB hotfix manually from Microsoft it says Validation required

will this break the Loader?

2. piercekalton

Apr 2, 2010
    ok, I have also found that this PC has 971033 installed. so will it still work?

3. piercekalton

Apr 2, 2010
    ok I downloaded the KB from another PC without 971033 installed just to be safe

first I have to fix servicing corruption but then what steps should I take?

here's my idea (it needs SP1)

1. uninstall and hide 971033
    2. uninstall old Daz Loader
    3. install Win 7 Service Pack 1
    4. install new Daz Loader

4. piercekalton

Apr 2, 2010
    I don't think validation installs 971033 because I did it on this PC to download the file and 971033 is still hidden and not installed

there was 1 corrupt mum file but that's now been fixed. that's why I had to download the KB so I could extract the mum file that the repair utility needed

hopefully SP1 will work now I didn't try yet

5. piercekalton

Apr 2, 2010
    #5 piercekalton, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    (OP)
    ok. I'm doing SP1 now and it seems to be working.

and yes I completely uninstalled old AVG Free before starting any of this. I also disabled windows defender

the cause of these problems I assume is because there was java & win32 trojans, fake coupon virus, and fake game virus and possibly something to do with the refurbished hard drive but there were no bad blocks. the OS seems to be in good shape so I decided to fix it rather than re-install even though re-installing would have been faster.

sfc says autochk.exe is corrupt but I'm hoping SP1 will solve that. I did do a chkdsk from recovery and there were some strange results but it didn't seem too horrible.

I just hope there's no hardware problems w/ the SATA port on the motherboard.

6. piercekalton

Apr 2, 2010
    #6 piercekalton, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    (OP)
    SP1 was successful and obviously fixed autochk because now the chkdsk I scheduled to run at startup is running

yes I did /r the first time and now its doing it again so I guess I'll just let it rip

only strange thing is when it was installing IE9 it said it was closing explorer but it did not close explorer. I found that strange.

AND I just found out the file corruption problem that led to SP1 failure came prior to the virus problems, so I hope it's not this stupid refurbed warranty hard drive or problem w/ laptop motherboard.

I guess this could also occur by letting the battery die without shutting down windows?