[Q] How can I make a windows 8 iso from the Hp Install.wim??

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Somor, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Somor

Somor MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2015
    #1 Somor, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Hey there.
    My hp envy has a recovery partition,on that Partition there is a 15 GB Install.wim file,when I explored the file using 7-zip,I found 5 folders named :1,2,3,4,[files] respectively .
    Note that the partiton has bootmgr and bootmgr.efi files ,and boot and efi folders.
    My guess the first 4 four folders contain different versions of windows 8, and one folder [2] contains the drivers.
    how can I know which version is in each folder? And how can I make an Iso from the desired one?
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: Added Screenshot of WIM file details ,can someone explain which one to use and how?
    scr1.png

2. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    Murphy78 answered a similar question a little while back. It was so genius I saved his reply. All credit goes to him.

Download a Windows 8 ISO same version as yours.
    Exract it to a folder.
    Assign your recovery partition a drive letter so you can access the files. This can be done with Diskpart.
    Copy the .wim file from the recovery partition and rename it install.wim
    Delete the install.wim file from the Windows 8 ISO and replace it with the one from the recovery partition.
    Re-ISO the files

i never tried it myself but the guy he was helping said it worked. Good luck.

3. Somor

Somor MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2015
    Well,the problem is : my OS version is windows 8 Single Language,
    I requested the iso on a previous thread,none could provide me a link except M0rriss0n ,and the link was on mega.nz which have problems with my network.
    SO every time I download the iso some of its components get corrupted.

4. Somor

Somor MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2015
    Unfortunately ,The tool just makes Windows 8.1 iso, because I'm currently on windows 8.1,and I can't revert because Recovery will wipe my data.
    I tried a clean install of 8.1 and it's buggy for me ,even with the last drivers.