[Q] How to remove the Start Button in Windows 8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dyon, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Dyon

Dyon Guest

The title says it al,
    How can I remove the Start Button in Windows 8.1 and have it again like Windows 8?

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    You are serious? Since one year all cry having that s**t back and now you don't want it .... unbelievable. is this a circus? :eek:

3. Dyon

Dyon Guest

#4 Dyon, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
    (OP)
    I prefer having more space on the taskbar... I always liked the idea of a removed Start-Button since I always press the Windows key on my keyboard...

EDIT: I just used MetroRemove, but it did not work for me, after I restart explorer.exe it is just back. So I am still looking for a solution...

4. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Whew! start button is the best part. hihihi

5. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Do you read before download?

6. Dyon

Dyon Guest

I did, I just summed up what happens before other people try it. Thanks anyway.

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    :closed:
    awesome

8. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    This thread really made me Laugh.... When win 8 just released, people complained alot for the start button Missing, now MS listen to us by putting back that magic button hi hi... and now you asked to remove the button??? Doesnt make any sense.. This thread supposed to be deleted right away :p

9. dwDigitalLife

dwDigitalLife MDL Junior Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Peoples are Not Interested in Start Button But in Start Menu When You Press Start Button. :D
    But MS Fooled Them by Giving Back Start Button And Not That Start Menu. :p

10. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Seems the people MS asked haven´t been able to speak in complete sentences.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. djdare

djdare MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2007
    #14 djdare, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    I Agree... wanted both back, but got only start button hahaha... :haha:

13. djdare

djdare MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2007
    Good one... Made me laugh. :biggrin:

14. Mr Theme

Mr Theme MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    no no no man.... MS has just censored the word start menu and on all people request they have read only start button
    :laie: :laie::laie::laie::laie::laie:

15. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    #17 sevenacids, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    I didn't cry for the damn button, and IMO M$ has come up with the silliest of solutions in the end: Instead of adding another checkbox to the taskbar properties dialog where everybody can choose to enable or disable the button, they just forced it on us the same way they did in Windows 8 when they removed the button and there was no way to bring it back. "Yeah, we listened to your feedback, and as a result we scrww the people who were perfectly OK without a button..." :wallbash:

16. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
  17. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    Personally, I don't need it, and I feel quite comfortable without having a button that is permanently visible on the taskbar. When I want to open the Start screen, I use the keyboard or the lower-left corner, never the charms because it's too hard to reach on non-touch devices. Maybe I'm fine with it because I'm one of the people who didn't really use the Start menu already in previous Windows versions. All my frequently used applications are pinned to the task bar (12 icons), the rest is done with Search (Win-key, start typing and enter). The question is: How much worth is the button now to the people who actually wanted the Start menu back...

18. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    MS are trolls, all the idiots were saying they wanted the start button back, so that's what they did, so now it breaks/makes difficult the 3rd party start MENUs, they actually wanted the menu back, no-one cares about the button, they wanted the menu, MS thinks they are clever