[Q] Pls, recommend me good clean-sweep program :)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by moderate, Jul 24, 2013.

1. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
  2. Broman400

Broman400 MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2009
    softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility.shtml

3. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    I have asked for personal experience. :)

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I like to use the manual way to completely remove an apps, or to be more precise, to remove manually what's left over after the "normal" un-install process were done.

Firstly I use Regedit and after that Registra Registry Manager for to finally clean the Registry from all what's left (which could be a lot!!) in Registry. I just note the locations of files and folders shown within that process.

Finish with registry clean up, NOT use to restart the machine(!), i manually do a search for all files left and delete them manually and pay a lot attention on the Hidden folder C:\ProgramData, C:\Users\default\AppData and c:\users\[username]\AppData. In those location could be a lot left and should be deleted.

Using that way I could control what I'm doing while using an apps, I couldn't!

That's how I do such "un-install" and "cleaning"!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #5 moderate, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    (OP)
    Problem solved :)

Yep, that is usually my way too. But in this case "Windows Mobile Infestation" was deep in the system. There were hundreds keys in registry, also there were special drivers and services started. All with restricted access of course (SYSTEM and TrustedInstaller). And worst problem: Winamp refused to work, when "Windows Mobile Infestation" was ripped off manually. (It has some pmp_activesynch.dll plugin, which loaded for 5 minutes, then reached the timeout.) Of course plugin can be disabled, but that isn't pro solution...

But due to the fact the "Windows Mobile s**t" was installed only one day ago, reverting to two days old registry snapshot (C:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe) SOLVED the problem completely. (Also files of "Windows Mobile s**t" were removed.) I had only to reinstall three small apps, what were updated in those two days (Google Drive and Winamp were suggested by reverting-app, uTorrent were not in reverting-app's list since it installs in "\Users\" instead of "\Program Files (x86)\" (Why devs do this BTW? (SkyDrive, Dropbox, uTorrent and Chrome devs are you too stupid to program multiuser app or get rid off OS restrictions?)...

BTW: MS should update these outdated s**ts to support its new OSs. (Of course "Windows Mobile s**t" gave me tons of "RapiMgr" crashes, when it was installed and running.)

6. kastrel

kastrel MDL Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Sorry post this thread,but always i used ccleaner here to clean the cookies of browsers, but when installing the opera here it doesn't detect the opera browser, only firefox,chrome,ie... does anyone know why? :confused:

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...