Question about 2 partitions and 1 loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nicholas440, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Nicholas440

Nicholas440 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2008
    I have Windows Vista, on a C: partion works fine it has many things I use now and then.

I have Win 7 Ultimate on a second partition, D: with Daz's Loader installed and it says Activated... so far so good.

Now I installed Win 7 Pro on a third partition E: to try it out and see what I like best.

My qustion is, on this third partition, Win 7 Pro says 3 days to Activate, so do I need to run the Daz's Loader again on that partition? I'm assuming I do since its a totally seperate partition, however I also thought Daz's loaded did something to the Boot Ini, or Master Boot Record I really dont know much about the loaders.

Would I need to run it on the third partition to Activate the Win 7 Pro? Or do I need to remover one of the Win 7 installs ?

Thanks in advance... Eventually Im just going to have Vista, and Win 7 on here but not sure just which install of Win 7 yet.

2. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i don't have a specific response for your most important need, but i can tell you that if you don't have a home network (not internet) or you don't plan on setting one up in the near future, are not using your machine for running a business network or school network, and you don't mind not having XP mode (which no one really needs because running vmware or virtual box is just as good and even better really) then you don't need ultimate or professional and home premium will suit you just fine.

it is still possible to have a home network with home premium, but many will advise you to use professional or ultimate for this--which is highly unneeded. to be completely honest, in my opinion there is no real good reason for running ultimate or professional over home premium at all no matter what anyone else says. it's all about the name, some just think that because it's "ultimate" that it is better and will try to explain why it is so in whatever desperate ways they can...

3. Nicholas440

Nicholas440 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2008
    @Stayboogy

I would agree with you 100% on the versions of Windows.... to me they all look the same once you put your wallpaper on them and pick a theme. I cant see any difference in cosmetics from Pro to Ultimate etc.... I just picked Ultimate, and Pro because they had them here in the forums so I thought I would give them a try and see if there are any functionality differences.

I kind of think I may need to run the Daz loader on the other partition however, or activate with one of the Keys we have around here somewhere.