Question about Advanced Tokens Manager

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by gymnosperm, Oct 31, 2012.

1. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    I just successfully installed Windows 8 Pro RTM 64-bit on my computer. I had it activated and licensed using a Windows Media Center upgrade key (which I got only after 5 hours of waiting :p) which bypassed the public KMS server activation I did firsthand.

So my question is this: if I backup my current activation, then if I reinstall Windows 8 Pro x64, then restore the activation, will it work? I mean the point of confusion here is that my licensed system is a Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64-bit, and if I restore the license on a new Windows 8 Pro which at first doesn't have Media Center yet, therefore license restoration might not work.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance y'all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Will work, if you install from: Windows 8 Pro WMC ISO. For info how to build this version check second Link in my sig :D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    #3 gymnosperm, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    (OP)
    haha before you posted I thought about putting WMC on the RTM Windows 8 Pro ISO, and I was right! :tooth:

Well I only have W8 Pro RTM 64-bit. And 32 and 64-bit versions of the Release Preview. I think I'll make an ISO of a Pro x64 and a Pro with WMC x64 only. Thank you, man!

4. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Yep, so did i :D.

5. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Hey by the way do you anything more about this so-called Build 6.2.9200.20500? They say it's gonna be like a future service pack. Ours is 6.2.9200.16834. And I don't know the build number of the retail version. Is it the same as the RTM's?

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    No clue so far.

7. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    #8 gymnosperm, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    (OP)
    I have another question. Okay so I have done a backup of my Windows 8 Pro with Media Center's license/activation. Where does the backup go? And what do you mean by clean install?

Here's what I was thinking: So I did a backup. Then I reinstalled my Pro with WMC through clean installation, which I think is installing a brand new OS on the drive (formatting C then installing Windows). Am I thinking it correctly?

EDIT

LOL okay so a folder is created after backing up. Hahahaha so stupid! I used ATM from the RAR archive, that's why I didn't see the backup created. So yeah this is embarrassing :eek:

8. swodinw

swodinw MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2012
    look here http: //forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/38896-Activate-win8ProWMC-without-first-activate-the-Pro-version?p=660770&viewfull=1#post660770

9. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    I already made a ProWMC iso and backed up my license thanks anyway! :eek: