Question about duelboot vista and win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 3sidedcube, Oct 29, 2009.

1. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Hay all the problem I have at the moment is i have Slic2.1 in bios and I am duel booting win 7 and vista . So windows 7 will selfactivate but then when i boot into vista it dont self activate.

Now do i use the same Cert from win 7 in Vista or Do i use Cert 2.0 that is already there in vista but use the same key as win 7
    So Sorry to be a pain but this side of thing's are not clearly shown in any of the forums
    thankyou in advance ....

could someone pls give me Help on this pls like a step by step aproach to doing this

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sigma25

sigma25 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2009
    You have to use softloader for Vista. That is what I think

3. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I think you should be able to use vista certs and keys since slic2.1 is backwards compatible with slic2.0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. karrde

karrde MDL Novice

May 19, 2007
    #4 karrde, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    With a slic 2.1 bios:
    you can always use a Win 7 cert in Vista, because of backward compatibles.
    you can sometimes (if bios slic pubkey is the same?) use a Vista cert in Win 7.

This is what i think to understand, after i've read many topics (i don't use dualboot).

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    You can use a bios mod to activate both systems with the Certs and stuff or you can use Daz's loader to activate both flawlessly. For awhile loaders could not work on both systems but I know Daz fixed that and I think Hazar did the same but I am not sure on Hazar's project. Anyway, either use a bios mod or Daz's loader and you are good to go dude.

6. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    #6 3sidedcube, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    (OP)
    Well I did the mod to my bios with slic and cert for vista which was ACER 2.0 and that was fine for vista but not win7 as would be expected so then I did the same for slic 2.1 with ACER slic and cert .. so on one HD I have Vista with Cert 2.0 & win7 on another HD with Cert 2.1 Bios has slic 2.1

still get the same win7 selfactive but vista not !!!!

SO the only other thing that i can think of is that the Slic 2.1 for bios is missing the 2.0 info that it need's for Vista = so would also make the Slic 2.1 that I have for bios is only for win7 ....

if that is the case then that would explain why it's doing this

if that is also the case is there a way of adding the info for the Slic 2.1 to have 2.0 as well

Have also done the 2.0 mod and then done the 2.1 on top and still get the same result...

Have Giga-byte GA-8I865GME motherboard with mod bios 2.0 or 2.1 with SLP 1.0

pls could someone help in my theory here as i am a loss - just looking at it as kidology

7. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    D:D DONT MATTER :D:D:
    figured it out - it was the Acer Certs that I was Using Proses of elimination

Checked the Acer Slic 2.1 bin with the 2.1 Acer Cert = Matched
    Checked the Acer Slic 2.1 bin with the 2.0 Acer Cert = XrML Digital License and BIOS SLIC "Miss match" Not what you would expect!!!!

Checked the Acer 2.0 bin with the 2.0 Acer Cert = Matched
    Checked the Acer 2.0 bin with the 2.1 Acer Cert = XrML Digital License and BIOS SLIC "Miss match"

So then I tried a Dell Slic 2.1 bin with the 2.1 Dell Cert = Matched
    and then I did Dell Slic 2.1 bin with the 2.0 Dell Cert = Matched :D:D:D:D

then the same with the Dell Slic 2.0 bin with the 2.0 Dell Cert = Matched
    and then I did Dell Slic 2.0 bin with the 2.1 Dell Cert = Matched

so found a solution thank's for all that posted
    Sorry but loader is not my style !!!!