Question about HP Bios under HP TOOLS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by MrxBurrito, Oct 21, 2012.

1. MrxBurrito

MrxBurrito MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2012
    Please forgive my ignorance I am good at a lot of things but understanding bios mods is not one of them. My question is the following. I've read that when you want to know if your Bios is RSA Signed you run Phoenix Tools and if it says decrypted then you are screwed.

Now, what about the bios under HPTOOLS Current Bios folder? There is a bios file 01793.bin and a 01793.sig, which to my understanding is used for recovery (I dont know). When I run Phoenix Tools on this it does not say decrypted. So is there a possibility to modify and re-flash this bios? Or is it still RSA Signed?

Could you please point me in the right direction to understand this?

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011

file next to bios is ??? RSA.SIG ?? its digitaly signed.

3. MrxBurrito

MrxBurrito MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2012
    Well the file next to bios is the name of the bios .bin file but a .sig extension. Like I said in the original post
    is 07193.bin and 07193.sig

So it is still RSA signed ? Even though Phoenixtools does not say decrypted?

4. zuvieltext

zuvieltext MDL Junior Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Actually, the "signature" that makes everathing difficult is not the .SIG file... It the one (or two) in
    07193.bin!

Actually, can you tell me, who exactly tells everyone that the "Decrypted" message from the
    phoenix tool automatically means: "signature -> you are screwed"?! I'm asking this because
    even without the ".SIG" file, you can still be screwed.

5. MrxBurrito

MrxBurrito MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2012
    I cant post links so please search for RSA Signed Image. You'll see where im coming from with my question.