Question about Intel Dual Core Processor?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Happpy, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hello, Dudes!

I've a simple Pentium 4 processor and I know that I have a built-in graphic controller named 82865g with it.

Now question is that if I buy a new Dual Core Processor (suppose 1.3GH) then which graphic controller would have I in that processor? Like I have 82865g in P4.

Regards,

Happpy.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Only newer Intel CPUs as the Core i range and newer Pentium series has gpu (Intel HD Graphics Family) integrated in them. Otherwise gpu is integrated in either mobo or is used as a discrete graphics card.

So ur old P4 has no gpu in it; its in the mobo ;)

3. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    OK guys!

Let's Make it more simple.

Suppose I go to a shop and buys a new PC. Then I just say him that this PC should have a Dual Core Processor of 1.3GH. So would that Dual-Core Processor support Windows 7 Aero and Transparency or not?

Neglect all other things like DVD ROM, RAM, Mouse and Key Board etc....

4. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    OK then does 82915, 82945, 82965 support Windows 7 Aero or not? and will one of these chip set plug with dual core processor?

5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Wow Happpy nice to see you back :hug2:
    If you buy a new "decent" PC it will support Aero etc since it will most likely come with Win 7 and have the required hardware. You could always add a graphics card later for a little more performance if you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson MDL Junior Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Lets make it even simpler. What will you be using your computer for? It will help to decide if you just need a new system(most likely as win7 may not even run on your setup.

Aero should work on most any graphics card, it is dependant on graphics and not your CPU. It may be a little laggy on your computer if it will install win 7. It runs fine on my i3-2100T green cpu (2.5GHz) and built-in HD2000 graphics. But other than high end 3d gaming, a dual-core should be all you need. and any newer pc should work fine, as already been stated.

-=Mark=-

7. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    I'm pretty happy to see you again too. I had left MDL for a while due to elimination of Reputation system and Thanks etc..... but now I again have thought to join MDL.

It's all OK what you're saying. But I'm generally asking this question for my knowledge. I've a very old PC now-a-days that is simple P4 2.4GH and have 865g graphic controller already built-in. I know that I cannot increase its built-in graphics up to 9 series like 915 etc.. So what's the reason of that? Why 915, 945 and 965 cannot plug into simple P4 2.4GH? Why I see usually these in Pentium Dual-Core or greater? (Leave external graphics card GPUs like PCIs and AGPs, I'm just talking about Intel built-in graphic controllers).

8. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Can I know the reason? If It had a built-in 945 Intel graphic controller then I reckon it'll support Aero.

What do you say?