Question about " Internet block" please

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by calpo, Sep 22, 2016.

1. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Hi All,

I hope that my questions will be your concerns and help. My question is that I have another computer and would like to block internet access except Yahoo mail and Google mail. Just because my brother often uses and access to internet with adult websites with this computer.

Does anyone know how to block internet access except Yahoo Mail and Google mail ? Please tell me how-tos.

Thankyou for your help. I'm appreciated for your concerns.

2. gabb

gabb MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Most effective way is by getting a router with DDWRT or Openwrt / tomato and only whitelist those 2 websites.

3. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Easy way but with caveats:

Just set your browser to use a nonexistent proxy server so that all sites are led to nowhere. Then enter the domains you want to allow in the Exceptions box.

Of course this can be changed back by someone fairly tech savvy. But you can set group policy so that no one will be able to remove the proxy settings used to block all domains.

4. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    @gabb & Katzenfreund

Thanks for all your suggestions and help. Have a nice day.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If your brother would be your Son, and underaged, I would understand and back your concern! So it simply looks like that like to dominate above your own Kin, and that's everything but nice! As your brother, I would simply say "F**k you" and "Kiss my a**"! And your action would even be worse, if you do that without to talk upfront with him about your concern!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...