Question about loaders and Modded Slic

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NuBiXx, Dec 20, 2009.

1. NuBiXx

NuBiXx MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 NuBiXx, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    The best way is to mod bios but that has risks in terms of a dead laptop if you screw it up. The loader is safer but can be broken by Microsoft. It depends on what you're comfortable doing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NuBiXx

NuBiXx MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    #3 NuBiXx, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  4. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    No you need bios, cert and key

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    No, you need to install a certificate and a key.

Read the section 6-F at the first post in the repository (first link in my signature) to understand what and how to do.

6. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    You can mod your BIOS, then use one of the activator programs to install just the certificate and product key. Most of the activator programs have an option for BIOS modders (to just install the certificate and product key).

Or you can install the certificate and product key manually after you mod your BIOS, the choice is yours. It is just easier to use an activator program to install the cert/key because then you dont have to track them down elsewhere. ;)

7. NuBiXx

NuBiXx MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks for the replies, I used the modded BIOS in the first post and then I used a activator program to install the certificate and product key and now my windows is activated.

8. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Congratulations....

Welcome to the other dimension...
    A Dimension of seamless activation and Productivity..
    But Simplicity

Journey into the wondrous world of Windows 7