Question about loaders

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HPG70user, Nov 19, 2009.

1. HPG70user

HPG70user MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    Ok fellas, I have a question. I have Windows 7 Ultimate on HD 1 activated with Daz's loader. It works great no problems. Now, since I bought this laptop after June, I got a free upgrade disc through the mail the other day. I have the original HD that the laptop came with stored somewhere. Now if I decide to use the upgrade CD on that one, will it affect my other HD with Windows 7 Ultimate activated with a loader? The reason I ask is because on the upgrade disc it says that it will update the BIOS if updates are available. I don't want to upgrade HD 2 if it's gonna mess with the activated HD 1. Thanks.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    If you upgrade your bios to SLIC 2.1, then you wont need a loader. Then you can ditch the program and activate OEM.

If HD 1 is activated with loader, you can activate HD 2 anyway you want. But a SLIC may conflict with the loader eventually.

What kind of laptop is it???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HPG70user

HPG70user MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    It's an HP G70-460US. The 2nd HD is the legit original HD. It has Vista Home Premium 32-bit. So the disc I got is the upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium.