Question about Remove WAT

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Matrix Leader, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    I am going to format my friend's computer and reinstall Windows 7 for him. What do you think is the best way to activate? Shall I disable Windows updates for good and just install remove WAT? or is there a beter way you'd recommend?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pegatron

Pegatron MDL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Last Resort

I think Remove WAT is an extreme last resort, and I would only use it if you are looking for a stable contained OS that is not connected to the internet. Updates might work, but obviously a lot of things that involve validation won't work. I only recommend Remove WAT if you're having trouble activating. It works, but is overkill.

3. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Take a look at the chart so handily created for this....
    I might add the row about Windows update working thou...
    Its up to you what u wanna do thou...

4. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    so with these loaders....it it possible to activate W7 without a BIOS hack?....hope it's easy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Daz shows up...
    Yes it is possible to activate with the loaders....

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    lol...You have like 359 posts and you really don't know that loaders create the illusion of legitimate activation without touching the BIOS

This is blowing my mind :eek:...lol

7. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    coz i rely on the bios SLIC 2.1 activaion through DOS on all my systems dude ;)

8. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    any particular update I should avoid to not void the activation or can I install all the updates just fine?

9. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Daz's loader seems to work fine with all updates. RemoveWAT may have problems with KB971033, though I believe it has a solution to deal with it right now.

As well KB971033 is pushed out if you do genuine validation for MSE, XP-mode, etc.

Generally I recommend avoiding KB971033, even if you have a genuine key and installation. If you have to install it to validate something, install it, then remove it. Check out some CLI commands for KB971033 in my signature.

Personally in my opinion I agree with Pegatron that RemoveWAT is more of a "last resort", and not as preferable as other methods. But it also has other goals. It looks to, as the name says, "Remove WAT", where other methods seek to provide genuine appearing activation.

That's of course no disrespect to Hazar, as he put a lot of work in it, and academically it's interesting to see how the Activation system works.

10. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    thanks alot for your advice and everyone else :)

11. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    I just activated my friend's lappeh with teh Daz Loader and whoa was that easy!!! I used to rely on Remove WAT in the past thinking it's the easiest method to activate besides teh BIOS trick....DAZ Loader automatically detected my laptop brand and installed the certificate, key, and activated!!!

Thanks d00d :D

12. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I personally do not use the loader at all (nor any other hack) however I am testing all of them out...
    Or I'm making a attempt at it...

13. rickoles

rickoles MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2010
    I've been using remove WAT for 6+ months now on two computers in my home. I have never had any issues, EVER.

I always check back here before installing windows updates so I was aware when KB971033 came out. I hid it and continued like normal =]

14. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I don't like on having to check which updates should be installed or not just doesn't play right for me...

15. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    ditto~ Same here