Question about the MUI Language Packs for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CharlesBronson, Sep 13, 2009.

1. CharlesBronson

CharlesBronson MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    Hello everybody! I have a question about the MUI Language Packs for Windows 7. Is there any difference between an English version of Windows 7 with the French Language Pack applied and a natively French Windows 7 installation? Why does Microsoft release localized versions of Windows 7 when there are language packs available? Is anyone here running Win 7 with a language pack applied? Does it work perfectly? To those who answer my question, thank you very much.

2. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    The only difference between these are the fact that you will have to install the MUI using the English version. The point that MS release both is that if a English IT Techician wanted to install a french version, it is hard for him to read the french options. Therefore they install it in English and just add the MUI to it. Then give it back to the customer...

3. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Language packs are only available for Windows 7 Ultimate. I am using the English version with a dutch language pack and its working great. However i did a clean install on my laptop to see the diffrence between the english retail version and dutch version and i cant find any.

4. CharlesBronson

CharlesBronson MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    Thank you Brandon and Michel for such swift reply!

5. X64_Bit

X64_Bit MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Hello :)

With "Windows 7 Ultimate US" + "MUI pack French" ... Windows has changed in French, but not "help" (aide). Help is always in English, which is quite surprising.

I just made a test in my "Vmware Ultimate"

:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Help is always in English. I have yet to see an OS that includes localized languaglitical help.

7. Aras

Aras MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. X64_Bit

X64_Bit MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    for an English Windows? or also for a French Windows ?

Or only in English for an "English Windows" with a "MUI pack" installed ?