Question about Timer-Nuke.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DLV, Feb 18, 2010.

1. DLV

DLV MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    Recently my cousin gave me his old PC because he got a MAC-book pro. I needed a PC for school so I was all over it. Anyway, it had windows 7, which I was just immensely excited for. Until recently it's been awesome, but now I have come aware of a Timer-nuke. I don't have any money for a new operating system and can't afford to NOT have a pc. So I've been looking around for patches for 7100, and I've found 2. I've used both in the past 2 days to only have the message still coming up the next day.

Did the patch work and the message still comes up regardless? I am sweating bullets at this point. ANY help is appreciated.

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Dude I would just get the RTM version (7600) and either use a bios mod to activate or use Daz's Program Based 7loader 1.7.7r. That version of windows 7 does not have the timer nuke in it so there is nothing to worry about. BTW the RC starts it's Bi-Hourly shutdowns on March 1 so get RTM before then or it will be really annoying.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Quoted For Truth.

Have you looked in the stickies yet, or read the Repository ?

4. DLV

DLV MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    There was 2 window 7 loaders I tried, but this darn Pc isn't compatible for some odd reason.

5. DLV

DLV MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    By using the installer from your link, PAYMYRENT, will I lose all my work for college? Or can I install it without losing my files?

6. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Nope, but start making back-ups anyway. Even if you manage to activate the RC, I don't think that will stop the time-bomb. And I don't think any dev's have taken the man-hours to develop a counter-action for this. Sorry, but installing the RTM is you best choice.

7. DLV

DLV MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    Well I installed it, pc rebooted, it then had to fix some issues, then rebooted. Here I am. I don't want to make the sterio typical movie mistake and ask
    "is it over?"
    but...Is it over? Is there anything else I need to do? I would like to thank you posters for helping, and apologize for my pc ignorance.

8. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    you should really do what Mr Jinje said backup all your work then do a clean install.

9. DLV

DLV MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    Yes, I had backed up my files when I first say that I had the expiry.

10. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    What I said is yo format your hard drive once you back everything up. I was also saying how there is another method if you do not want to back up everything but clean install(Format) is you best bet dude. Then use Daz's loader 1.7.7r or use a bios mod if available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. DLV

DLV MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    #12 DLV, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    (OP)
    So after I install those ontop of the oem driver I did, anything else I should do?

EDIT: How do I format my HD for the loader by DAZ?

12. DLV

DLV MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    Oh *** d*****. No I didn't know there was an ISO to DL a well....