Question about watermark in Windows 8.1 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by vitalijus, Oct 24, 2013.

1. vitalijus

vitalijus MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2013
    #1 vitalijus, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    Hello guys. I have a question right here. I deleted Windows 8.1 Pro watermark succesfully, but when I removed it, in PC info, Windows edition disappeared. Is it possible to just keep watermark deleted and don't touch Windows edition? I made it through the Resource Hacker. Sorry if this was asked already, I don't searched a forum. I'm just curious. Big thanks for the answers. Pic: i.imgur.com/SNKRKqj.png

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I did it with a trick even keeping all files intact: I activated with a key :D
    The resource hacker simply alters system files which are needed for some processes. If you run sfc/ scannow you might be where you started your useless fiddling in your system. You will not get activated by deleting a nag screen or such

3. vitalijus

vitalijus MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2013
    So when you activate a Windows, i mean illegal copy, your watermark will be gone?

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    MDL members don't talk about illegal stuff. I was just reporting that I used a legal key and the watermark disappeared.
    .... and I don't know what you mean by illegal copy? There are a variety of copy of windows which comes not activated. It is up to user how to get it activated.
    Some technical discussions on MDL might lead you a success

5. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
    If you do successfully manage to activate Windows, then of course the watermark will be gone. The difficulty of course is how to activate a copy of Windows you are not entitled to.
    No point sugar coating it, they do all the time.

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    :laie:...........