Question about Win 7 activation (how to) without a loader, and the SLUI.exe deleted

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LAFCADIO, Feb 7, 2018.

1. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
    Salutations

I would like to know how to install and mostly how to activate Win 7 without a loader.
    I've read some articles, and it seems, from what I've understand that you need 3 things: an OEM certificate, an OEM Key and a product key . I'm not sure if i am right or not !(i admit; i got a little scared about what could happen if I do something wrong, as it's about the OS )
    So i would like to know the "how to" explanation, as i prefer to control and know a minimum what i do instead of using a program (i know adout Daz's Windows loader), and learn something along the way.

Also, I've deleted slui.exe, as it was nagging me about my inactivated copy. I am now concerned, would that compromise the activation process ?

Ps: Windows was pre-installed on my Dell laptop (vostro 1015) but not activated, i used the rearm method, the messages about activation stopped and I was able to use my laptop normally (windows updates, Defender updates, etc), and suddenly went "inactivated" again. I suspect a hardware - the HD probably- problem, as navigating/accessing/reading folders and files was slow, and "stuttering" occurred when listening to music (locally), so i did a volume verification, but i don't recall it performed some bad sector recovery, or fix sectors .

Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It needs a valid slic table in the bios, a certificate and an oem:slp key, on systems with a valid slic, DAZ' loader will install the certificate and oem:slp key and no bootloader (aka real genuine activation).

If the system doesn't have a valid slic you can add one to it. DAZ loader installs an oem bios emulation to emulate it.

3. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
    Thanks for the reply.

So it can't be done without Daz's (or another) Loader ?
    I thought it was possible, as I was reading some articles stating and giving links to "what and how" to do it.
    I must say that it's a little bit scary, as I don't understand all the terms used in that matter . But I am keen on learning, mostly because i prefer to "control" and know what is happening, instead of "download this, do that, click here" passive actions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    As far as i know DAZ loader is the only one that is capable of injecting slic table into ACPI tables, istalling a certificate and the oem:slp key,
    If you want to know if you can trust this loader, the answer is yes, the loder is totally safe and the guy who creates this tool is the administrator of this site :)

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #5 Enthousiast, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    You can do all manually, you have to download the correct certificate and oem:slp key, and if you don't have a valid slic, you have to modify your bios.

You also can use @mxman2k's MRP project files, they will also insert the correct oem:slp key and certificate, but only on systems with a valid slic and during install of windows, not after install is finished.

DAZ loader doesn't inject the slic in the bios, it emulates an oem bios with slic, it does it in the bootsector (but only when there is no valid slic inside the bios).

6. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
    I know that Daz is an admin here, i read his loader thread to get infos before opening the thread, and it seemed legit and all, but i was wondering if i could do it without a "middle man". I am aware that absolute safe is an illusion, especially when it comes to Windows (I've put my paranoid character outfit !). I speak in general, not implying anything about Daz's work, which I don't feel I have the knowledge, the ability nor the authority to judge!

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    As said, you can download the certificate and oem:slp key and insert them manually, the bios mod (when needed) you either need to do yourself or request one in the bios mod section.

If you run the QT from the MRP thread, you will see if there is a valid slic in your bios.

8. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Everything that this post says about oem activation of Vista also applies to Win 7, with just a change from slp 2.0 to slp 2.1

9. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
    Ah, so it can be done!
    So first thing to deal with is the valid SLIC ?!

I need to read again MRP project files ( I read it, and other threads as well, before opening this thread) and I'll try to process all the infos there and here.
    I could of may be mention that I'm not a tech guy, I mean "real/knows what he's doing" tech guy! I know one thing or two, and when i came across terms as "BIOS modification", I got "unsure". "unsure" about what is happening and about my ability !

Thank you Enthousiast and mehdibleu for your replies.

PS: I came across some links dealing with oem key and certificate. I don't know if it's allowed to post them here .

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    They probably came from MDL, overhere they found out how to modify bios'es ;) There was a big collection thread but it seems to be gone since someone went bezerk on MDL.

DAZ loader contains all imaginable oem:slp keys and certificates, the MRP project files do too.

11. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
    Thank you. I didn't came across it. I'll give it a look .

12. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
    No, I think they weren't from MDL, hence my PS !

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You would be surprised how much is offered on many sites that was MDL original ;):D

14. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
  15. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
  16. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
    And what about the deleted slui.exe ? Is that a problem ?

17. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
    Big time. You should never monkey with any important system files. Some evil activators do exactly that, and recovery from the damage they do is sometimes difficult.

18. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
    Well, I guess it wasn't a smart move! though i never "act then think"...i was not very lucid .

What to do ? Use a windows installation cd repair ? or may be try a recover ? this is what i can think of .

19. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018