Question about Win 7 as a upgrade & 2 O.S????

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LovinOne, Jun 28, 2012.

1. LovinOne

LovinOne MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2012
    I used a REAL Win 7 professional disc, went thru the whole set up & got to home page, the key that came with the disc didnt work but I found a way to get it activated which worked perfectly (all updates w/o probs) But my problem is Win 7 did NOT delete Vista home prem off of my system so now when it boots up it actually asks me which one I want to use... I want to some how take vista off without going thru a whole new copy????

Any thoughts?? Ideas?? :confused:

Any help is greatly appreciated :worthy: LOL

Thanks,
    Bella

2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Try this

Click on start -> write msconfig
    Go to the boot tab and delete vista if it is listed.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You would still be far of better going through a fresh install, but select advanced options in setup then you can format the hard drive and install windows 7 only.

4. im bored

im bored MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Another way is to use a program called EasyBCD

5. LovinOne

LovinOne MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2012
    Thanks to all of you,... It boots Windows 7 right away now without having to choose, but my problem is still there.....

When Ive tried to reboot & reformat for whatever reason it did NOT reformat (again)... I really want Vista gone gone!!
    This computer is frustrating!!

6. Windows Fan

Windows Fan MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2012
    if the system doesnt contain important data and if you can, delete all existing partitions one by one, recreate new partitions and then install windows 7.

if you do not want to do all this, boot into windows 7, take ownership of the folder of windows vista os and then you will be able to delete them.

7. LovinOne

LovinOne MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2012
    I tried twice to delete the partition but nothing seems to work, the reformate is the same, does nothing. I will try you 2nd idea & let ya know... Thanks again

8. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Did you delete all partitions ?