Question about Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by howdasya, Oct 31, 2015.

1. howdasya

howdasya MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2015
    Was wondering about the LTSB N versions of Win 10 that are floating around.

Do they have the "telemetry", tracking, "keylogger" (that I've seen people mention), and information fedback sending back to MS disabled? Are they basically versions of Win 10 that have everything "privacy" or snooping related stripped away all the way down so that you get the bare OS as it is? With no "extra sauce" piled on by MS and other bloatware?

I'm thinking of installing Win 10 Enterprise LTSB N version, that's why I was wondering about this and just out of curiosity to see how it feels like to have Win 10 stripped down to the barebones OS. I'm interested to see how much space it would take up after a clean installation on the HDD.

Another question I have is regarding the activation of Win 10. If I were to use the KMS tool in the forums; it only says it stays activated for 180 days, would I have to run the KMS program again to "re-activate" Win 10? or is the "re-activation" process automatic?

2. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    LTSB editions include everything just like other editions
    only components not included are uninstallable Apps and MS Edge, which saves you about 600 MB space

LTSB are overrated :D

it depends on the KMS tool, most have options to re-new activation

3. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    So it is a stripped-down version of the general Windows 10. From my own understanding LTSB is not so much useful to the general public like other versions and it seems to be mainly available and effective in Enterprise.

4. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Rating depends by the POV.

Most adventorous users can clean a PRO WIM and make it even more crap free than LTSB.

But for less technical users the LTSB is a great "precooked" version way better than any other win 10 version.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The biggest difference with exeption of abbodi's contribution to this thread is LTSB is NOT part of the "Get windows 10 for free" program and therefore not genuinely usable for the greater public ;)