Question about Windows 8 Activator?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TGNT, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGNT

TGNT MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Hi,

Some forums they have already released some Windows 8 activators and guarantee 100% working. I just wonder, why I haven't seen any Windows 8 Activators from MDL forum such as Daz Windows 8 Activators ?

2. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    Because people here do not cheat others unlike other places, i guess. And if you are speaking of KMS solution then check the stickies there are plenty of variety to choose to your liking else you could build one.

3. wolf69

wolf69 MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    from what we all know the activators are fake they just modify ur system files

4. bootstap

bootstap MDL Member

Mar 25, 2012
    #4 bootstap, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    canceled by me.

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    There are no real activators. Anything that modifies system files is hacktivation and not activation. You're not safe and it's not permanent.

Hacktivation isn't allowed here at MDL.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    As Daz says, we haven't any activator that is genuinely able to emulate the new OEM activation requirement of the Windows 8, but it's a question of time because is a bit hard comparing of the old activation method and soon anyone will done in the work of MSDM / OA 3.0 emulation.. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ Josh Cell
    It's more than a question of time since I've already got it working. The real question is whats the point when OEM: DM keys are basically retail keys which MS can and would block? The whole point in a loader or modding the BIOS is to add a SLIC/MSDM to gain permanent activation, and that's something that's not possible with the OEM: DM keys.

There will probably never be a real loader released by me or anyone else for Windows 8.

8. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    I understand, thanks for your clarification.. There's the reason for the Server 2012 that is compatible with offline OEM activations as Windows 7, but the Windows 8 Client no as you say like retail.

I haven't the sure, but is a bit acceptable any god making a key generator for the ConfirmationID of the Phone Activations, but it is really 'impossible' on my view point.

9. sadsac

sadsac MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Is even small scale OA3.0 spoofing or cloning technically out of the question? I understand that every OA3.0 activation involves a unique key and an online transaction. But there seems to be some preliminary evidence that the tolerance for the hardware hash for OA3.0 is somewhat looser than pure retail key activation. Does your examination reveal there is no difference whatsoever for hardware hashing between retail and OEM: DM?

10. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Most of my tests have been made in controlled virtual machines, but I would say the tolerance is about the same. Of course if you were to change the motherboard on OEM hardware then you'd lose activation though.

By small scale cloning I'd guess you mean taking OEM: DM info from an activated Windows 8 system that you own and copying it over to another system? I don't think it'd last, but I can't prove it as I've not put any of the systems I've tested online as I don't want to get peoples keys blocked (people gave me their backups).

IMO it's too messy, wouldn't work on enough systems and I'm sure it'd get blocked. Also, if I released anything I simply wouldn't have the time anymore to handle all of the questions. I wouldn't like to have people angry at me because their key got blocked either and I know that'd happen.

11. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    If Server 2012 can activate offline with OEM SLP key, and both Server & Client share the same kernel etc, there must be a very little difference in code (activation part)?

12. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Not always.. Server 2012 are now using the SLIC 2.2, and the Windows 8 uses the OA 3.0 with MSDM tables.

13. craftbrewer

craftbrewer MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok, it might not be allowed, BUT I am curious how successful are these hackivations. Just wondering exactly how they are getting around the spp folder

Does anyone have a summary or a link what people are doing

14. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    They simply modify system files, permissions, the registry etc. They won't last and we don't allow links to them as we don't want to cleanup the mess they make when they go bad.

Future Windows updates become a constant problem, as can anti-viruses. When WAT is updated that'll also cause a mess.

15. Buckchoi

Buckchoi MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2011
    Does Server 2012 require a key to be input during installation?

16. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  17. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    My Dreamspark version doesn´t require any key to install.

18. aspired

aspired MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2012
    Thank you for your continued efforts and support on the windows loader which is a life saver for most of us guys. I however would wish to have your opinion of the now famed "kmsnano" would u consider it activation or hactivation? I mean will it survive windows update? like the loader does.

19. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    #19 anarchist9027, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    KMS is Activation and it will always be genuine meaning it will get updates no problem. It does not modify any system files like a hactivator. It installs a virtual KMS machine inside your version of Windows to keep thinking it is connecting to a legitimate KMS server

20. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    #20 CaptainKirk1966, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    kmsnano v9 already fails validation when used to activate Win 7 Pro / Enterprise. Genuine validation for Windows 8 is not implemented yet.