Question for bios modders: bios boot logo?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mikea128, Jul 3, 2007.

1. mikea128

mikea128 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2007
    I feel comfortable using CBROM to add a bios boot logo to a standard bios, but I'm concerned that doing this to a bios modded here may screw up something with the SLIC table. Any thoughts on this? Or would you have to start over, add the bios logo first, THEN add the SLIC table? Obviously would be much harder since I've never done the SLIC mod myself, but the BIOS I downloaded here is working great.

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    #2 ancestor(v), Jul 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    I don't see any problems there...what kind if BIOS do you use?
    I' ve got a tutorial for some.
    First Boot Logo, then SLIC. Try and error ;) Make dumps and/or backups. Maybe read YENs disclaimer:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/283

have fun anyway...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikea128

mikea128 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2007
    i would love to find a good tutorial, but I can't even find a list of the different methods out there for modding a bios!

I've got a DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR (not expert, not venus, my model uses same bios as NF4 Ultra-D). The mods posted here worked perfectly (used mod1, whatever that means).

If I do redo my own mod, will that cause problems with the existing activation?

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    #4 ancestor(v), Jul 3, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To change boot logo you have to release original and insert new one. And yes, doing this it will change the order of modules and call of slic isn't probably working anymore.
    Please link to your mod an I'll check it for you. Best is to change your logo of original bios and after it request to mod again.

6. mikea128

mikea128 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2007
    I was hoping to not bother anyone with something so trivial, but i'll work on it and repost it here. I'll keep reading guides since I'm curious to know how this works anyways.

7. gz1

gz1 MDL Novice

May 7, 2007
    Thank you, I think you have explained why I could not successfully change my logo. I had given up for a while but I think I will try again now.

Many thanks