[QUESTION] In-Place Downgrade ~ From Win10 To Windows 7 or 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Mrox2, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    #1 Mrox2, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    I was just wondering if this is going to be ever possible? even in an unofficial way, it's really a hassle for people to downgrade and risk losing or reinstalling all applications all over again just to do a simple downgrade, since Windows 10 has the ability to keep Settings, Programs and files, wouldn't this be possibly sometime soon? :g:

And no, I am not talking about rollback because obviously I've been running Windows 10 ever since the first build and I never keep the old version files at any rate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheBlade

TheBlade MDL Senior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    It is possible, just copy explorer.exe from Win8.1/7 to Win10 C:/Windows/System32

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Unfortunately it's not as simple as that.

4. TheBlade

Jul 10, 2011
    How so? That's the ultimate downgrade technique. :tasty:

5. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Are you serious? More like "The Ultimate Way to break your OS" Technique. :mad:

6. TheBlade

Jul 10, 2011
    This won't break the OS I promise you, I've already tried it. It turned Windows 10 into Windows Vista for me.

7. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Get out of here, liar, it's impossible it just doesn't work that way. and if you have anything you gotta prove it with pictures. Just like WZor, All talk no proof.

8. TheBlade

Jul 10, 2011
    Liar? I'm extremely sorry you feel this way. But i believe that explorer.exe is the downgrade. I wouldn't lie to you I swear! I agree, but I'm not like WZor at all, he just says things with no proof. I know I don't have proof but I'm busy right now. You should do it and see for yourself.

9. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    There is only the option to go back to the system you upgraded from (in case Windows.old is still present).

10. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    What is it with people being lazy about reading.
    Seriously?

11. Zardoc

Zardoc MDL Addicted

Feb 7, 2008
    So, it broke it :death:

12. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    What? Vista is actually very nice, most of you just had crappy PCs like I had when Vista first came, it was ahead of its time, nowdays any PC that is able to run Windows 7 is able to run Windows Vista SP2 Perfectly fine and bug-free, its pretty fast and light too, much better experience than Window 10 (Aka Bug fest).

13. TheBlade

Jul 10, 2011
    But Windows Vista was simply too slow. Windows 10 ftw.

14. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    So.. its not possible or what?

15. TheBlade

Jul 10, 2011
    Yes, via the instructions I posted. I've heard there are multiple ways so maybe someone else can think of another way of downgrading Windows 10.

16. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    Man...it's hard to believe some of this talk...:D I'm wondering if Microsoft should institute some kind of computer literacy test a person would have to pass before being allowed to upgrade...! Lol...!

Q. What's the difference between a ram chip & a mouse?

A. Microsoft sucks.

Q: What's the difference between a mouse and a ram chip?

A. Microsoft sucks.

Seems to be the dimwit's answer to everything these days, doesn't it? Who cares if it's even rational? The "Microsoft SUXors" crowd doesn't. Too funny and too pathetic at the same time...*whew*....

17. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Who are you referring to? I'm sorry I don't think anyone here will stand for this, this is rather rude.
    I don't think you are referring to me as I clearly know the difference between a RAM & a CPU, I've known that long before I even got into IT College, what kinda dumb a** doesn't know that?