Question of technicians and user.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Kevin Rosas, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Kevin Rosas

Kevin Rosas MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    The notebook is Compaq Presario c700.

The client asks to install Windows 7 on the aforementioned laptop (Compaq Presario c700)

I commented that in this laptop the operating system that comes installed is Windows Vista, in addition the support from the page is no longer available for this model.

I commented the following, if we install the Windows 7 operating system to force the installation and get the drivers that brought Windows Vista there may be errors or controversies in the same system and some features of Windows may not work as it should.

I told him to come back tomorrow and we followed the speech and continue.

Question:
    There is a possibility that Windows Vista drivers are compatible with windows 7.

There is somewhere to find these drivers hosted in some time that are safe because I return to comment on your official website is no longer support or drivers.

2. Kevin Rosas

Kevin Rosas MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    #3 Kevin Rosas, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    (OP)
    For the graphics is responsible for being constantly updated and go step.

With respect to functional controllers for the touchpad.

======

The driver folder where it is located.

There are drivers that for more executing in compatibility mode do not extract the correct folder.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    First run a test install of 7 on another hdd and see what drivers WU offers.

When you want to use the vista drivers, go to the device manager and try to install by manually pointing to the inf file inside the extracted Vista driver folder.

4. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    I've had no trouble using Windows 10 on 965 chipsets. so I don't see why Win 7 wouldn't work.

5. Kevin Rosas

Kevin Rosas MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    The laptop so far is perfect Windows Vista drivers have some similarity, the performance is optimal.

Thanks for the comments, total successes. the folder is called swsetup there the drivers are extracted, I made backup of the laptop installed the drivers and a backup of the installers.